Monday, January 2, 2012

Desserts!

Recently my parents have been on a cooking kick. Not that my mother doesn't always cook, but recently my father has been trying all sorts of new recipes he sees on tv. While he still can't make a pie crust to save his life, other attempts have turned out much better. ;) Last night we had this amazing dessert. What made it even better was just how easy it was to make it. Basically, you dump some applesauce in a pan, squeeze some lemon juice over it, and stick it in the freezer. Pretty foolproof, eh?

After sitting in the freezer for a while you pull it out, and use a fork to scrap some shavings off. These shavings going into a cup along with a dollop of yogurt that has been sweetened with maple syrup, and a dash of cinnamon.


I've pretty much pigeonholed myself as a nature photographer, but every now and then I like to break out and do something different. Food photographer has always been fun, though I know that I still have a ways to improve.


With nature photographer I have taken thousands of photos, and experimented with many different angles, ideas, ect. I've only taken less than a hundred photos of food, I just haven't had the time to really improve.


That being said, I still enjoy it ;) The main problem I had with these photos was the warmth. Every photo I take inside my house turns out really warmmmmmm, even on auto for white balance. I can change this with Photoshop, but I'm never sure what's the sweet spot being coolness and warmness for the photos.

Anyway, I'm excited for tomorrow. My friend and I are going to the local lake for sunset; hopefully I'll get some good pics! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment