Monday, February 11, 2013

A Montage

Photo montage, that is.

Look at that! I'm not dead after all. It has been a ridiculously long time since my last post but I just kept waiting for something photogenic to happen in my life and give me something to talk about.

Instead, life happened. A mountain of physics homework and far too much advanced French reading has been keeping me far too busy. And this week is the kicker-- two tests, problem set, physics paper, history debate, and general reading. All due within like five days of today.

Yeah.

To distract myself from this fate of misery, I thought I would post some pictures of my life. I saw a really cool TED video a couple days ago about this artist who would film one second of his life everyday and then put it together. It's a really cool idea, and not necessarily a novel one in the photographic realm. I have seen far too many 365 projects, or monthly projects where people think that using a forward facing camera to snap a shot of their face everyday is fulfilling the photographic challenge.

Pet peeves aside, here is my life:

The annoying part? I worked alllll weekend and didn't finish this list



 
The worst part? Its all wrong. I made a small transcription error on the first line and everything that follows is wrong. 

Something to do while playing D&D
D&D! One of my friends thought it would be cool if we allll got together, most of us only knowing about D&D through Big Bang Theory (me!) and played a game of Dungeons and Dragons.

Three weeks later (do you know how much planning goes into one game of D&D??) we finally played the game. There was like ten of us and it was a lot of fun, I got to say. Odd, but interesting.



Ice skating fun! If I do end up in Conway this summer (*fingers crossed*) then we will go ice skating a lot; it's so much fun, even if none of us know what we are doing.


The picture that started this post! I snapped this shot, and then thought about how all the little pictures I take with my iPhone portray a glimpse into my daily life. It might be cool to do the photograph a day- like the video a day the TED guy did- and then string them into a video, watching weeks go by in less than a minute in a flurry of shots and memories.

So! Besides pictures; I just turned in my ISEP application. I'll know in a few months if I'm studying abroad next semester, and where. I'll also know in a little less than a month if my research program received funding.....

I've procrastinated enough, I should get back to reading my quantum physics papers.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment