Friday, May 2, 2014

On Easter and Bubbles

The title would make more sense if I had written this post when I wanted to write it-- during Easter weekend.

However, my Methodist school doesn't even give us Good Friday off; various things kept me late in Conway, so my Easter weekend didn't contain copious amounts of free time.

Regardless!


Photographing nature has made me more observant. It's interesting, to me at least, to compare when things bloom and how that changes year to year. For example, this year, our spring is ridiculously late-- when I woke up this morning it was in the 40s. Following that, everything has been blooming later. Luckily there were some things in bloom when I was home.


I didn't take any photos that I really loved-- and not only is that due to lack of time, but also I'm out of practice. I haven't taken many photos recently, basically none, due to being crazy busy. Hopefully this summer I can remedy that.




Easter morning I had breakfast at my church and then a beautiful service followed by a huge potluck. Then, I drove and stayed with some relatives for Easter dinner-- even for me, that's a lot of good food for one day.


I had a fun time photographing my little cousins playing with their new bubble contraptions.


In other new, finals are rapidly approaching! I have one day left of classes-- Monday-- and then my first two finals are on Thursday. Electrodynamics is going to be rough, but Classical Mythology shouldn't be too bad. Then I have my French final the next Tuesday and volia! the semester is over!

Which is crazy; I feel like I just got back to Hendrix, not like my junior year of college is basically over. Because that means I'll be a senior. Which is just not okay because being a senior is one step closer to graduating, leaving Hendrix and all my friends-- which I'm not ready to do yet.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment