Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Il pleut aujourd'hui...

See? I'm back! On a random side everything always looks/sounds better in French. I don't know why. When my family when to France the first time, way back when, we joke that they could say anything-- like, 'oh the floor is dirty'-- and it would sound beautiful and romantic.

Anyway, il pleut just looked better than 'it's raining' in my opinion. Every way you say it, it's wet outside. Yay for spring showers I guess...

On a brighter note, I thought I would post some Spring photos that I took recently. Basically, I spent all my spring break outside in my yard taking pictures. Mostly during that wonderful time in the morning when the light is bright yet still delicate, though some I took in the glare of a full blown afternoon sun.

We have this tree in our backyard called a tulip magnolia and there is this magical period, right during early spring, when hundreds of these beautiful flowers burst into bloom.


They don't last long-- the town is marked by their sudden color and beauty. I spent a long time outside, just clicking away...



What's particularly odd about this photos, for me at least, is that they are not edited in any way. They are straight from the camera. Now I'm a big photoshop person. Well, until recently I had to resign myself to GIMP, free program similar to photoshop, but now I am able to use photoshop during school.

But when I saw these pictures...I loved them the way that they were. In their unedited glory. ;)



I am so glad I have an iPhone 4. Not because it's the newest, hippest thing or because of the (admittedly) amazing apps. No, I love my iPhone because now I can do more than just enjoy the beauty of nature-- I can share that beauty with everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment