Friday, August 16, 2013

Moving Pictures

Yes, I have jumped on the bandwagon.

But it is such a fun bandwagon! Artistic criticisms aside, I've always loved Instagram. Yeah, it's cheesy. Yeah, it's weird how popular retro filters have become.

Still, what I love is the functionality of Instagram. Whenever I am feeling lazy-- or don't have my DSLR on me-- Instagram is a fun way to jazz up my iPhone photos.

So when Instagram introduced videos, I was understandably excited. I love how you can compose your video of varying clips and I love the filters.

Today, I thought I would post a couple of my instagram videos. I took a lot of videos in St. Louis, capturing little details in the art museum, or beautiful views in the gardens. I think the videos are best viewed on silent-- I wasn't paying attention to the sound when I took the videos so it doesn't really add to the video.



The 15 seconds allows you a quick glimpse into my life. I can't wait to take tons of short videos in France. It's an easy way to convey cool little experiences.




Below is a short collection of my favorite section of the art museum-- impressionist landscapes. I could look at them all day, I just think they are so beautiful.




This was in the St. Louis botanical garden-- the statue is of Henry Shaw, as he was on his death bed. Always concerned with propriety, he wanted to be immortalized, thus the huge statue. He was also worried about his large feet and requested that cloth be draped over him so that 200 years later we wouldn't gawk at his feet.

You know, this is the first non-tutorial/craft/recipe post I have written in a little while! I didn't have room in my St. Louis post to show off my new videos, so I thought I would dedicate a small post to my new love of Instagram videos.

As far as my adventures in France go, I have a little more than two weeks before I leave! It's crazy how quickly it is approaching. I'm slowly checking things off my checklist-- from buying luggage to getting my ears (re)pierced. I'll talk soon about my troubles purchasing train tickets and how I am going to miraculously fit four months worth of clothing into one small piece of luggage! Stay tuned, it's going to be interesting.

Thanks for reading! What did you think about the videos?

No comments:

Post a Comment