Thursday, June 6, 2013

Homemade Pizza Rolls

Living own my own for the first time-- well, I mean, on my own with my roommates...and friends-- has made me appreciate the school cafeteria in a new way.

Instead of dropping by the caf when I'm hungry and being greeted by a huge variety of good food, I go to my apartment and am greeted by a empty kitchen. What this means is that my cooking skills are being challenged, but with surprisingly good results.

I got the idea of homemade pizza rolls from Pinterest-- where else? It's super easy, super quick, and super delicious! What more could one want?

Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Total Time: 10 min
Yield: (around) 15 rolls 

Ingredients:
  • A prepackaged pizza crust-- they are amazing creations
  • A cup (or two) of shredded cheese-- I used a mix of Colby, Cheddar, and mozzarella. Because there is no such thing as too much cheese.
  • Some pepperonis-- however much you want. I live with two vegetarians so I never use much meat, just however much I want to eat. 
  • Garlic Powder
  • Rosemary

Step One:

 
Open the packaged awesome-ness of pre-made pizza crust.What makes this invention even more amazing is that you just pull some paper, gently twist the can, and it pops open without the need of a can opener.

I just love civilization sometimes.

Anyway! Unroll-- oh yeah, another benefit of this pizza dough, is that it rolls out beautifully, no need for a rolling pin-- your dough. You can unroll the dough on a greased pan but it's not terribly necessary. You will need to put the rolls onto a greased cookie sheet though.

Step Two:

Pinch off some of the dough. You don't need much-- the larger amount of dough, the larger the pizza roll. Spread it out with your fingers into a nice circular shape. I pinched maybe two inches off the dough for each roll.

Step Three:

Toppings!





Here's the fun part! Load up your dough with cheese, pepperonis, anything your heart desires. Be careful not to over load your roll-- it won't fully close, and the toppings will run out when baking.

Step Four:




Pinch your roll together and flip it over, so that the seam is on the bottom. Dust the top of the roll off with some garlic powder and rosemary.

Step Five:

Bake! For my rolls, there were done in five minutes at 350. If your rolls are bigger you can start with five minutes, check them, and see if they need to go longer.

Step Six:




Enjoy! I really loved how these pizza rolls turned out. I am not a tomato sauce person, but if you are you can always put a little in your roll before baking. Not only was this a quick, good recipe, but it was also pretty cheap. I don't have the exact numbers, but the crust was probably the most expensive ingredient-- and that was less than three dollars. Considering we made this feed three people, the cost per person was wonderfully low.

Sorry it's been so long since my last post! I can't even claim that I'm swamped with homework anymore. I started my researching job at Hendrix-- robotics! It's a challenge but mostly fun. I have a ton of recipes, crafts, and even a photoshop tutorial to post so be sure to check back!

Thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment