Monday, May 21, 2012

Fresh Bread


Hello there! It has been far too long since I last posted and I don't even have a good excuse. I've just been laying around the house, catching up on my sleep, unpacking from college, playing Zelda, and well, taking pictures ;)

My family and I recently went to an old car show.



It was in this field, and the sun was quite warm. Regardless, there were a lot of old, cool cars. While I can't understand all the money that they spend making these cars so spiffy (I would much rather buy a new lens), I can still admire their beauty.





I've wanted to make some bread for a while. I love making bread from scratch by hand. It's so rewarding to take some basic ingredients, flour and the sort, and turn it into a delicious loaf of bread in no time.


The bread I made had rosemary and thyme in it-- it really gave it good flavor.





At first I tried to make one long braid with my dough. It proved to be slightly too long for the sheet so I decided to cut it into two smaller braids.


After some rising and baking in the oven, two aromatic loaves were ready to be eaten. I melted some butter and brushed it on top of them. They looked so amazing, fresh from the oven, glistening with butter.




Suffice to say, they were gone in no time ;)

So! I have broken my sad no blogging streak only to say that I won't be able to post for a while. I may get one more post in, but then I'm off to Colorado for a mission trip with my youth group! I'm so excited :D I've never been to Colorado, and rest assured I'll come back with a tonnnnnn of photos to post :D

No comments:

Post a Comment