Tuesday, July 17, 2012

On Clouds

Recently, my father went on a jam making spree.

Or, as he liked to refer to it, it was 'jam jubilee'.

I love my dad.

Anyway! He used the bread maker and a recipe that came with it to make homemade strawberry rhubarb jam.

It was a bit too sweet, but delicious otherwise. It's crazy that this was made in a machine specifically made to cook bread.
This is my baby, Foster :) He was taking a sunbath this morning so I grabbed my camera and tried to catch the bright  morning light falling across his furry body. Most of the pictures didn't turn out, but I like the light in this one.

Have I ever told you how much I love clouds?

I don't think anyone fully comprehends my love for them. The sky is like this canvas, upon which the beauty of nature shows off.


I've tried to draw clouds. Paint them, use pastels to depict them. I've tried photographing them but even in my favorite art medium, the results fall short.

Confining the clouds to mere pixels doesn't capture their beauty. I'll look at the sky, and then back down to my camera, surprised at the disconnect. Perhaps there is some technique that I'm missing, but the clouds always look more stunning to my eye, then they appear on the back of my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment