Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rain is a good thing

I'm writing this as I wait for my Dr. Who episode to load.

Why, yes I'm kind of sort of obsessed. What's new?

Anyway I've been rather lazy about posting-- it's not like I don't have any photos to show.

Recently, I made meringues. They are relatively simple to make, they only require a few ingredients and a mixing bowl.


 It's always so much fun to watch the egg whites change from soupy to a foamy mass, more than three times their original size.


 And volia! The meringues were tasty, and as light as air ;) Ideally, their coloring would have been closer to pure white but it tasted all the same. I remember when we were in France, we would love to get meringues at the pastry shops. There were the cheapest item, and awfully hugggeee-- far larger than my little ones. 

Recently, while at my grandparents, I tried to take advantage of the beautiful sunset light and snap some photos of their cats. The cats heard that clicking noise my shutter makes and took off like they had never met me before.

It rained for the first time in what felt like months yesterday. It was a short shower, but a needed one. I grabbed my camera to see if I could capture any other the glistening flowers. I found this dead leaf, covered in beaded water. I loved the way the droplets looked, and tried to find the perfect background for it. I was headed towards the stone breezeway-- with the peach colored stone-- when I saw the dark colored stepping stones. I love the contrast between the light leaf and the dark, rough stone. I may not have a macro lens, but I can get close enough with just my kit lens ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment