Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Il Fait Neige!

Or at least it was, on Monday :) Snowing, for those of you who don't speak French.


Even though the weather channel said it was supposed to snow, it also predicted warm weather. So, I wasn't getting my hopes up. Then, Monday morning I wake up, and run to the window, peering through the blinds.


And saw that the ground had been lightly covered in snow. The snow was still raining down, the soft flakes falling against the wind.


I only had one class cancelled. After all, the roads weren't bad at all and everyone who goes here pretty much lives on campus/close by. After classes, my friend and I eagerly ran out to play (take pictures) in the snow, which was already starting to wash away thanks to the afternoon rain.


Our beautiful campus, covered in snow ;)


It was nice to see the snow, even if we didn't get much. After it being 70 something at the beginning of February, I had ruled out the possibility of snow this winter.

There were these three fir trees, nestled close together that were beautiful with the snow still clutching to their branches. For some reason, whenever I take a landscape picture, I'm never happy with how it turns out; it's always just too bland. I prefer close ups. Regardless, the fir trees were a perfect portrait opportunity


My friend :) This was my favorite out of the bunch; I like how she isn't looking straight at the camera. I've always preferred natural pictures to posed ones.


And a rare photo of yours truly ;) Being the photographer I'm always behind the lens rather than in front of it. Still, I set my camera on auto and gave it to my friend, who wanted a picture of me.


The fir tree ;)


We wandered around campus, shivering as the wind tore past us. By the end, I couldn't feel my fingers; but it was worth it. All for the shot, eh?


:) Valentine's day was yesterday, and I have nothing to complain about. Who needs a guy when you have such great friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment