Thursday, February 23, 2012

My New Love

So I have a new love in my life.

And, no it's not a guy.


It's Instagram.

I know, I know, I'm kind a little late joining the bandwagon. For a while, Instagram has been the only thing I've been hearing about. How amazing it is. How fun it is.

I just was never convinced. I downloaded the app once, but then got confused. I didn't realize you had to make an account just to edit any photos, so I deleted the app and continued on with my life.

Recently, though, for some reason or another, I download the app again and gave it another try.


And I have to say; I'm in love. It's pretty amazing.


Not only does it add pop and interest to your iPhone photos, it also does wonders to any other photos. These photos were taken by my baby, the SLR. I pulled them from Facebook, and then ran them through Instagram.


And I have to say; I'm love the results! It's similar to finding an amazing set of Photoshop actions to edit all your photos by. I've searched for Photoshop actions similar to the instagram actions so I can continue the amazingness on my my computer, but so far I've come up short.

So it looks like all this love and amazingess will have to stay on my phone for a little longer ;)

On a separate note, I found a way to wirelessly sync my photos from my phone to my computer. This means as soon as I take a photo on my phone, it is sent to my computer, granted I'm in a wi-fi network. Pretyyy epic.


Anyway, instagram is reminding me how much I love taking photos on my iPhone. It used to be my only camera. Then I moved onto my compact, and then onto my SLR. While the iPhone can't, of course, rival the clarity or ability of my baby, it does get props for just how convenient it is. I always have my phone on me, while I don't always have my SLR on me.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment