Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The One With the Wedding

I would feel remiss if I didn't have a post about my brother's wedding. After all, I did a post about their engagement photos and two of the various crafts we did for the wedding.

On July 20th, 2013 my brother married Addie in a beautiful ceremony overlooking the hills. The day started off hot and sunny but mercifully that changed as clouds rolled in right before their nuptials. The clouds took the edge off the heat for the outdoor ceremony, and the rolling thunder really added emphasis to the pastor's words. While lightening flickered in the distance, the rain thankfully did not pour down on our heads.

Since I was maid of honor, I did not have a whole lot of opportunities to take photos of the beautiful bride and groom, as I was in a lot of the photos. However, I did manage to snap a few.

 
We arrived the day before the wedding, and decked out the reception hall.


Addie was beautiful in her white dress with lace detailing.

The grey clouds really helped with the pictures as they blocked the direct sunlight, giving rather a more diffuse glow.


I loved the purple accents in her hair, as they matched her bouquet.


The ceremony was at a nature center and out on the deck overlooking the dam.


The wedding craziness has been why it has been so long since my last post! Now that all the planning, crafting, and general chaos has passed, I have time to do some crafting projects I've been wanting to try. I just started a t-shirt DIY this afternoon....stay tuned to see how it turns out! (fingers crossed it does turn out...)

Thanks as always, for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment