Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Christ has risen; he has risen indeed.

Happy Easter! This year Easter came early, just the weekend after spring break. Still, I came home to celebrate it with my family and to get some much needed real medicine.

I thought that I would post a couple of early Spring photos I snapped last week of the year.


This year the Tulip Magnolia was gorgeous, as always. Surprisingly the snow didn't kill the dainty pink blossoms, they are still there.


Me: I really like this shot.
My parents: ....is that your finger?

They just don't understand my art. ;)


I just loved the light in this one, even if I'm not wild about the subjects. I took these photos in the early morning light and I just really wanted to capture that freshness.


I really loved the composition of this one. As you may or may not be able to tell, I've really been trying to shoot through things-- an oft mentioned suggestion in photography.


There was a lot of purple in the yard-- and only a couple flowers blooming. I can't wait for Spring to fully hit, with its warm temperatures and greenness. This time last year we were having picnics...







These flowers were by far my favorite thing to shoot that morning. I just loved how the cool purple tones blended well into the morning light. I have like fifty photos of these....



But I won't show them all ;)




So last Thursday some friends and I were craving some sushi, but didn't have time to make it. A quick Google search later we found a little restaurant called Domoyaki, or something to that effect.


The roll was every bit as good as it looks, and the service was amazing. A much better, and not too much more expensive, alternative to sushi from Kroger. ;)

In other news I finally heard back from ISEP! I'm going to Universite Jean Monnet in St. Etienne, France next semester!! It was my top choice school so I'm super excited. On top of everything my friend who applied to study in France also was accepted to Universite Jean Monnet so we will be going together :D I can't wait to study abroad. This little crafting blog will be transformed into a travel blog as I traverse the great world with my friend.

Until then, thanks for reading and Happy Easter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment