Wednesday, April 4, 2012

For the Love of Art

I really should be doing some form of work right now. I could study Physics, look at my Cal, watch Casablanca for my class....or procrastinate from all of the above and post :)

Option D it is! Of course blogging is not the only thing that I have been doing to procrastinate from actual work.


I recently got a little pastel kit :) I've always wanted to be an artist, but never was particularly good at any medium until I found photography.


Still, that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy doing it. I've always wanted to be able draw clouds. I've settled for taking pictures of them :) They are just so beautiful; so ethereal. It's hard to do them justice.

So we are in the last month of school. It's crazy; I can't wait for summer. Such a foolish wish-- why would I wish my life away? Summer will mean the end of my freshmen year, an entire year done with college! It's crazy. I'm still in denial about my age. There is just no conceivable way that I am nineteen years old. That's almost two decades! Since when have I been old enough to see two decades??!

Yeah. I won't technically have a midlife crisis until I'm 53 but when I do it's going to be awful. I'm already freaking out. I started freaking out when I turned sixteen. 19 just seems like such an old age. I feel like I should have my whole life figured out at this point, and be totally independent. I feel like I should be an adult already; I still feel like a kid. I don't even feel mature enough to be called a college kid.

Yeah, I'm weird ;) I've just decided not to accept my age. What is age, besides numbers?

No comments:

Post a Comment