Sunday, April 22, 2012

Reflections

You may or may not know this, but I'm kind of obsessed with reflections.

Yesterday I was at a quidditch tournament in the north part of the state. The tournament itself was only slightly short of miserable; I'm out of shape and believe me I know it. However, after we were eliminated we discovered a little creek surrounded by trees.


All I had with me was my iPhone, so I started snapping away. The water was soooo cold; I had to take this photo multiple times because I could never keep my foot still enough.


Oh, reflections. The water was super clear, and my eyes were drawn to the colors of the leaves above us reflecting off of it.


The quality isn't the best, but still I liked the results. The inspiration for the hand was this photographer I follow on Facebook. His pictures are amazing reflections but they are allll the same; a figure reflected with an outstretched hand.

Still, it's a cool idea; the hand really solidifies what the reflection is of as it adds definition with the open fingers.


This isn't really a reflection but something that caught my eye at the creek. There was this plant whose shadow was falling on the light wood. It imprinted such color to the wood that I had to take a picture.


This reflections came from hanging out playing Banagrams on Friday night before heading to see the Lucky One. ((worst. movie. ever. don't waste your money!))


My friend was sitting across from me at the table and the reflection was perfect. I took some good pictures but as she is severely photophobic (is that even a word? Regardless, it fits her)I can't post them =|


I just love how the wood grain overlays the photo. It doesn't appear like an obvious reflection-- which is always my goal. I want to trick to the viewer so that they have to think twice about what they are seeing.

Anyway, I can't believe that the semester is almost over! We have one week and a day left of classes. Then, music auditions, finals, relaxation, graduation, and then...summer! It's crazyyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment