Thursday, December 20, 2012

Infinity

This is a story about how laziness can actually be misunderstood creativeness.

You see, I like knitting. It's yet another hobby that I just don't have time for at school. That and reading, watching tv, playing the piano for fun, and writing.

Anyway! When I got home I absently started to knit.


I only know how to knit one thing: a scarf. Aka, by far the easiest thing in the world to knit. You just cast on, knit, and cast off. It creates a long scarf.

But that takes a while. Scarves need to be long, which translates into a many rows of knitting.

And that gets boring. So here I am, knitting away, trying to think of how I could have a finished product with minimal knitting.

Looking at how long my scarf had gotten, I had an idea.

I'll just make an infinity scarf. I don't own one, but I have seen plenty of pictures of them on Pinterest. How hard could it be to make one myself? Most important part? I could stop knitting; an infinity scarf didn't have to be long, as its length was masked as you wrap it around your neck.

Here's the finished knitting! It was almost half the length of what a scarf should be.

I loved the colors of the yarn; nice dark reds and oranges.

To make my little piece of knitting an infinity scarf, I lined up the ends and sewed them together.

I used a large needle and threaded it-- no easy task-- with the yarn I had been knitting with.

Then I simply sewed the two ends together, creating a circular scarf-- an infinity scarf. I haven't sewed by hand since I was a girl scout-- aka, forever ago. However, it wasn't difficult at all, because you don't have to be terribly precise with this. One, no one can see your stitches, and two, it doesn't take many stitches to hold the scarf in place; I left almost an inch in between my stitches.

Et, volia! An infinity scarf! Easy as pie.

That is, if pie were actually easy to make. Which its not, but who am I to argue with the wisdom of old sayings?

Warm, beautiful-- my first infinity scarf! Incredibly easy to make; if you know how to knit and like me, want results fast, then try your hand at an infinity scarf.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment