Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Surprise!

The meaning of the title is two-fold. One, we threw a small surprise party for my roomie's birthday. Two, you (and I) should be surprised to see a post after so long and in the middle of finals none the less!

I exaggerate. Finals just started today, my first one (Modern Physics) isn't till this Friday, which feels far further away than it has any right to be.

Anyway!


Last week was my roommate's birthday. We were all unbelievably swamped in the pre-finals madness but we took a break to bake some red velvet cupcakes and decorate our dorm room to surprise Anna.


Side note, we just took down the streamers last night, more than a week after Anna's birthday. They had begun to fall down; we had to climb through them to get from one side of the room to the other. Like Mission Impossible but not as cool as lasers.


Beautiful garland!


Suffice to say, she was surprised :)

In other news, I went to a lovely volunteer dinner a couple nights ago. Hendrix is awesome and gives you free food if you volunteer-- I wish the real world was like this.


The food was delicious and there was an interesting speaker.


Oh, and I won Mexican hot chocolate! In the form of six dense bricks of chocolate I'm supposed to blend with hot milk. I'm excited.

In other news, some friends and I headed down to Little Rock Sunday for the Jewish Food Festival.


They had some awesome live bands including one with a clarinet that sounded incredibly like a saxophone-- it was weird but really cool.


And, of course, delicious Jewish food! This is a tasty noodle desert covered in cornflakes. :)

Anyway! I have far too much to do, so I should go and well, do something.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment