Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Before And After

Today I thought I would showcase some of my before and afters. None are dramatically amazing, I'm afraid. However, all of them are good photos that have been enhanced by Photoshop. Most of the before's are pictures that I didn't like. They were too dark, they were too faded-- something about them made me not like them. So, I went into Photoshop and attempted to fix those issues.

The first photo is one at sunset. I loved the way that the sunlight was breaking through the flowers. However, when I took the picture, it turned out too dark for my liking. So, I used the HDR toning feature of Photoshop CS5 and attempted to make the photo more like an HDR photo, bringing out the shadows and highlights.

BEFORE:


AFTER:




The next photo, I liked the original. I just wanted to add an effect to make it...different ;)

BEFORE:


AFTER:




The next photo was one in a series of similar photos. The other photos in the series turned out amazing; this one seemed just a little washed out.

BEFORE:


AFTER:



These baby geese were adorable, but the shadow/highlights seemed really harsh. So, I used the aptly named 'shadows/highlights' tool in Photoshop to fix the picture.

BEFORE:


AFTER:



This was another picture that I liked, but wanted to add a special look to it. So, I complied a few actions on it to achieve the desired result.

BEFORE:


AFTER:

No comments:

Post a Comment