Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fun in Photoshop

Photoshop can do magic. That is already an established fact of life. What is non established is the breadth of magic Photoshop can do.

I have a normal, point and shoot camera. What I do not have is an amazing SLR camera with a wide angle lens. So, I decided to try and replicate a wide angle shot. I used my normal camera and took a series of photos of a certain spot in my backyard. Using Photoshop magic I combined the images into a more panoramic shot. Doing this caused a little distortion and the edges were transparent, as there was just no info for the photo to be created from. So, I used another part of Photoshop magic and filled in the edges.



:D

Another part of the magic that I wished to share with you today is the out of bound photograph. It's a cool technique that has been used many times to make an object appear to leap out of the photograph.


I have rarely seen one used with a flower but I was like hey, I wanna use my own picture instead of a stock one. Anndd what do I take pictures of? Flowers! ;) So, here's my first OOB photo. The worst part is having to cut out the flower, and I can be rather impatient so I hope it doesn't look rushed.

Who said magic didn't exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment