Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hottest Place on Earth

At least that's what it feels like. We have records highs, and the heat index is well into the hundreds. At least I'm not at band practice ;) Last summer, we had band practice, and every day the heat index was at least 105, if not 110. I learned what it felt to be in the sun for prolonged amounts of time as one day I stayed late into the hottest part of the day to repaint the field.

It goes like this:

1. It's hot. You're sweating, complaining, wishing marching band had never been invented.

2. You get chill bumps running up and down your arms. Not because you feel cold really, but still in the blazing sun you shudder.

3. Everything anyone says is hilarious. Another flag girl and I had to carry this heavy container to the other side of the practice side. While we attempted, and failed, to walk a straight line, the girl told this story about some animal. Everything she said was funny. We were both almost falling over laughing, swerving from left to right, just trying to make it to the other side of the field.

Ah, fun times. ;) I will miss marching band, in a very, very small way. The college I'm going to is a small one, and does not have a marching band. I will miss flag, that's for sure.

Anyway!


Photoshop is fun. :)

Another reason Photoshop is fun: it's magic. O.o

Don't believe me?


Before:



After:


Like I said, magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment