Saturday, December 31, 2011

Before and After: Drastic

Okay! Now for the pictures I promised! On a side, note, third post in three days-- I think I'm on a blogging streak. We shall see. As soon as college starts back up this streak will be gonnnee I can assure you that.

Anyway, I was able to hang out with my friend today-- so glad! I was beginning to feel socially deprived; being bedridden can do that to ya. I was trying to help her with her camera, though it's auto settings really through me for a loop. Granted, when I started out as a photographer I used my iPhone; totally auto. Even when I moved onto my compact camera stage it took a lot of convincing from different articles and books before I made the plunge to full manual. It took a while to get used to; but once you go manual you don't go back. ;)

I couldn't imagine using an auto setting now; I'm too used to being able to chose where I want to focus and how I want to expose. My baby spoils me ;) On a sad note, this baby is not a boyfriend, it is a camera. o.o Oh well, c'est la vie.

Anyway! Enough talking. Now, this change is not as good as it could be. I'm not perfectly happy with the end result but what I really wanted to do was to show you what's possible. With Photoshop, everything about a model can-- and sometimes is-- changed for advertising. Notice the hair color, the finger nail color, the shape of the face, the make-up, the smooth, light skin. Model Source


BEFORE:



AFTER:


Like I said, not perfect. However, I hope that you can see from the small example, how much can change. I tried to get rid of the fake flowers on her head but that was a messsss :P I did not have enough patience.

If you're interested in a more in-depth example (with more emphasis on the whole transformation, not only photoshop), check out this really cool video...

Dove Evolution

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment