Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stormy Weather


Yesterday some storms rolled through town, painting the sky with the racing clouds. So, of course I went outside to take some pictures before it really started to pour.



I loved the lighting. A lot of people write off cloudy days as bad for pictures-- there is no clear blue sky, no warm sun. However, cloudy days present their own unique benefits. They temper the light so there aren't areas of huge contrast that the sun can create.



I love the grey, cool colors that occur with a cloudy sky. It really can affect a picture. While I like taking pictures on a clear day, it's always a nice change when the clouds come and cover the sun.





I stayed out as long as I dared with the rumbling thunder and un-protected camera.


I snapped this one as I was walking in. It had started to sprinkle and I was under an awning. I love how the peach color of the rose is complimented by the peach color of the stone behind it. While I love taking a shot where there are contrast-- contrasting color, contrasting texture-- I like how these two elements worked in harmony. :)

A little update on my life; I can not for the life of me find a job so, well, that means I have a lot of free time. ;) My horse class is still utterly amazing. I would take pictures if I could. Not only am I now more comfortable around horses, I also know how to catch, groom, and saddle one without any difficulty. Though I found out today that the class I was planning on taking next semester-- intermediate riding-- was cancelled. :( Which means no horse time for me...which is sad because I never have the opportunity to be around those majestic animals but hey, c'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment