Monday, August 1, 2011

The camping continues...

As much as I enjoyed camping, I must say, it is nice to be back in civilization, with air conditioning.

So nice.

Though I really do miss having the lake that you could just go and jump into. Trade-offs I guess. ;) Anyway, my Canon is supposed to be coming in today :D I can't wait to get it and start exploring all of its features.

But back to camping! These pictures are still from our first night exploring




The water was so nice, cool but not chilling cold. A welcome break from the heat and humidity.



As we watched the beautiful sunset, we decided 'hey, the sunrise would be just-- if not more amazing and beautiful!'. It definitely seemed worth getting up crazy early. When it's this hot, it's hard to sleep too late anyway.

The plan never worked out. ;) First night we forgot to set alarms, and then a storm cut the whole trip short. So, I just have photos of the beautiful sunset.

These next pictures involve a technique that I discovered. It was getting dark, which caused my shutter speed to start to go up too far for nice clear photos. On a whim, I set it to a long shutter speed, like 1/5 or something and then rotated the camera clockwise/counter-clockwise while the camera was taking the photo. The result?



:D I let out a squeal of joy when I saw the first results. The middle of the rotation is the clearest, as it stays relatively still, while the sides rotate. The result is the ability to frame something-- like a person-- in the middle, letting them come out relatively clear compared to the rest of the image.

:D

Well, that's it for today. :) More photos of sunsets and water and motion tomorrow. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment