Saturday, March 17, 2012

Chez Moi

While Hendrix might be beautiful...



...I still hold a special place in my heart for my yard. It beats out this new beauty of Hendrix.


If it weren't for my yard, for the beautiful blooming flowers and trees, then it's safe to say that I wouldn't be a photographer. While my class introduced me to the idea of taking pictures as an art form, it was the abundant beauty of my yard that made it my passion.


It has just been so convenient, and a great learning environment. I get to revisit the same subjects, and dream of new ways to perceive them; new ways to shoot them.


Through photography I have become more aware of the flowers, of nature. I was really hoping to take some pictures of the tulip magnolia. It was one of my favorite subjects to take picture of last spring. It's so odd to think that I've been taking pictures for over a year... Anyway, I was hoping to improve upon my shots from last year. However, with the warm spring we've been having, the tree bloomed early, and all the blossoms were gone when I got home for break. =|


However, there were plenty of other photographic opportunities to be had! I love being home :)

And I love blogging streaks! Yay for breaks, slowing my life down enough so my posts are weeks apart.

I'm traveling to see family tomorrow, and then staying in St. Louis before heading back. While I love seeing family, I'm also excited for new places to take photos :P

Oh the life of an (amateur) photographer...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment