Saturday, August 4, 2012

Consignment Shops

I love consignment shops. Second hand stores.

You have no idea. They are just amazing! I have run out of old t-shirts hiding out in the back of my closet. Yet, I wanted to do another t-shirt. So, I headed out to Abilities Unlimited.

Abilities Unlimited is awesome because they not only have incredibly cheap items, they also use their money to help those with mental/physical disabilities.

I wasn't sure what I was looking for as I headed the store. I had no inspiration, no design I was just itching to make. I was hoping that I would see something that would inspire me.

What I did find was some amazingly cheap shirts!

One was from Aeropostal, and said 'Be Kind to your planet'. Hendrix really has made me a hippie.



I also found an old Indians (home college old mascot) t-shirt! It's kind of retro since we have since changed our mascot.

Both of these shirts, which fit wonderfully, cost me four dollars. Total.

So cheap!

I also picked up a couple of blank shirts. They fit, and have ample space for me to be all...creative.

The problem? I'm not feeling all that creative right now. The Zelda shirt was a design I had thought up like a year ago, and the Dr Who shirt was prompted by my friend's shirt.

Now that I've made those two shirts, however, my mind is blank.

I'm toying with the idea of putting a quote-- whether from photography, Shakespeare, or just poetry-- or trying to do a theme shirt-- another Zelda, Dr Who, Lord of the Rings, or Physics.

I just don't feel inspired, like I did with the other shirt ideas.

If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them! I've been quizzing my poor friends, trying to rummage up any ideas.

Anyway! I do hope you like the new layout! Recently I helped someone start a blog. Helping her set up all the features she wanted caused me to realize just how many features Blogger has! Which is why you might have noticed new gadgets springing up all over the place. ;)

To the right, at the top of the page, is a Share button. Click it to share this page on your Facebook page! Spread the love!

You might remember that a while ago, during a I-miss-Hendrix night, I attempted to make pizza, from scratch. Being the rather impatient person that I am, I found a no-yest-quick-result recipe online. The result? A concrete-hard-weird-dough-tasting pizza dough, with delicious toppings.

Well, it's round two for pizza! This time, I wimped out and purchased a ready-made crust from Wal-Mart.

I know, I know, I feel like a sellout.

But it's so convenient! However, whatever points it gained in convenience, it lost in taste. It wasn't as bad as my yeast-less attempt, but it wasn't particularly good.

The taste I lost with the crust was more than made up for by the toppings! (it's like an equation....convenience - taste of crust + taste of topping...gahh I am not looking forward to Cal III)

I cooked up some chicken, bacon, and pepperoni. After all, there is no such thing as too much meat.


Or too much cheese!


After eight minutes in the oven, my personal pizza was ready!

Yummmmm! Like I said, the toppings were delicious. I used olive oil and rosemary as a base, seeing how I don't like tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment