Thursday, August 9, 2012

Music Madness

So you might be flattered (I do this partly for you, dear reader!), or worried, that I have spent a lot of time thinking about what to post! I try to stay on a self-imposed schedule of posting at least every two days. Some days are easier than others to figure out what to post about.

A little over a year ago I finally got the instrument I had wanted to play my whole life.

A violin.

They have always appeared beautiful and mysterious, a far more potable instrument than my beloved piano. While piano is, in my mind, the best instrument due to its sheer range and ability to stand alone, I've always pined after the violin.


As soon as I got the violin, I wanted to take pictures of it. It is, after all, a rather beautiful instrument. Today I finally went out, staging the violin against nature, trying to find the best way to see it.


It was actually more difficult than I had imagined. I should have expected that; after all, I have never photographed a musical instrument before.

Still, I ended up with some photos that I liked.

I even experimented with some cropping!

:D Yes, my love for Instagram and it's square cropping inspired me. Because Instagram is awesome.

And now for something completely different!

In my year-and-some-months of blogging I have posted countless photos, harping on different topics. I've even posted with pure text, and no photos.

But I have never posted a video! Since my ability to play the violin consists of a pain-educing rendition of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' (power lost equals I squared R!) on a good day, I have decided to spare you the torture of hearing me play it. Because after that I really would have no viewers.

So without further ado, here is the beginning of a marvelous piece, The Great Gate of Kiev by Modest Mussorgsky. On the piano. Because I do love you guys.

Though seriously, this is taking so long to upload, my whole 'ooohhhh I should do a vlog!' phase is going out the window.

I'm sorry if the quality is iffy-- the file was soooo largeee I had to try and downsize it any way I could.

As always, thanks for reading! What did you think of the video? Do you think I should just stick to pictures, or do you want to hear more music/video things?

No comments:

Post a Comment