Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Adventures with Hippie Face Wash

So recently my cousin mentioned that she created her own face wash, using products you find in your kitchen. Inspired, I looked up hippie (aka natural) face wash recipes.

I then kind of mixed a couple different recipes together and slathered it onto my face. Because I'm just that cool (stupid).

Anyway! Here's what I did:

Step One:

 Assemble the ingredients! I used honey, yogurt (that was actually flavored...which it probably shouldn't be...), cinnamon and nutmeg. 


 Step Two:

Mix all the wonderful ingredients together. I probably used a tablespoon of yogurt, and almost as much honey. I had difficulties with the honey-- it had decided to solidify into a questionable looking mass. Feeling clever, I filled a bowl up with water, nuked in the microwave, and then set the honey container in the hot water. This helped, slightly, with getting the honey out of the container.


Step Three:

Slather the mixture onto your lovely face. I was worried that the meager amount of...yogurt-turned-face-wash wouldn't be enough be but I only ended up using half of my mixture. 

Yeah. There will be no pictures for this step. 

Step Four:

Leave the mixture on for 10-15 min and pretend you're an Egyptian queen.
Oh wait, is that just me? (sorry, it's the whole honey, anciently-amazing type recipe)

My cat, Foster, was pretty curious at the strange mask on my face. I was worried he would try and lick it off-- it did taste pretty good. 

Step Five:

Wash it all off! I eagerly dunked my face in some water and scrubbed the mixture off. Excited, I ran to a nearby mirror. 
And found my face red. D: Which, by the way, was what the face wash was supposed to fix, not create on my face. 

Luckily the red slowly dissipated from my face. 

So...my face looks the same....but I guess face washes aren't supposed to have sudden-miraculous effects. Which is why, being the impatient person I am, I have never really used them. 

On another note, I grabbed my camera and headed outside this morning. It was insanely beautiful for Arkansas, like 80 degrees. 

I just loved the color of this prematurely-fall leaf.



Water droplet fun!

So! I am going to go work on my overly-ambitious t-shirt design that I recently came up with...we'll see if I bit off more than I can chew!

Thanks for reading :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment