Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Land of Corn and Plenty

Aka, the wonderful state of Iowa! Yesterday my family and I braved another ten hour car trip to travel up north to see family! (at least we didn't break down this time!)


My lovely shoes made the trip as well. I love the idea of the shoes but already there are tiny tears in the cartoons. It would probably work better to make another pair out of book pages, like I did with my first pair of shoes.The newspaper is just so thin.



We stopped at the same river access as last time, eating lunch out by the water. The weather was simply amazing. Coming from over-100 degree weather, the drop into the 80s was brilliant. Up here in Iowa, the high for the day is like 80.



I never want to leave. After a brutal summer of scorching temperatures and no rain I'm ready for a change. Like A let's-just-move-to-Canada change. Because Canada is cool.

 Anyway, I don't have too much to say, I just wanted to write this little update on my life.


I only have seven days till I move into college! I can't believe it. I mean, granted, I have spent the majority of my summer wishing that it was fall already and I really am excited to go back to Hendrix. I'm excited to see my friends, live in a new dorm, meet new people, go rock climbing, and all the other amazing things I do at Hendrix. It's just crazy to think that I'll be a sophomore in college! I don't feel old enough to say that. I thought that college kids were supposed to feel older-- I still feel like a high school student, age wise.

But I'm not. 19, sophomore in college...it's crazy. (and this is crazzzyyyyy but here's my number...okay I'll stop) I'm going to do my best to continue to post something regularly when college starts and not just completely abandon this blog, which is kind of what I did last year.

On a side note, I finally have a plan sketched out for my final blank t-shirt! Stay tuned to see what happens. ;) 

As always, thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment