Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Photoshop Free!

So I wrote this semi long post and lost it.

But I really wanna show you this...I just have to muster up the energy to rewrite stuff.....

Okay! So recently, I've been having fun with the magic of Photoshop. However, there's something to be said about photos that are amazing straight out of the camera. I read a photography book not too long ago, which listed some cool techniques at the end of the book. One of those cool techniques was to have a long shutter speed and then zoom in/out while the camera was taking the picture.

So I found another limitation to my point and shoot camera. It stubbornly will not zoom in/out while taking a picture. All hope was lost, or so I thought. Then, yesterday, I was out taking pictures of this...yellow flower patch we have in our yard. I had already taken some traditional pictures of them, and I was looking to do something different. Because they were in the shade, I could set my shutter speed to something long, like 1/20 or 1/15.

Then I figured out that I rely too much on technology sometimes. Sure, my camera couldn't 'zoom' but I found a way around that. I could manually 'zoom' the camera-- zooming it through space-- to achieve the same effect.

So that's exactly what I did.


I was rather excited when I saw the first results-- I loved the feel of it, and the fact that it was not a result of Photoshop magic but rather photography magic. ;)


So after discovering this trick, I started to use it on everything. And yes, I mean everything. I have like fifty pictures consisting of mostly streaks of colors, with the occasional one like you see above/below with some sort of order to it. ;)




Funny story...it wasn't like I went outside and said 'hey, look at that texture! wouldn't that be a cool picture??'.

Nope.

It went something like this.

*dash through the backyard, missing the sprinkler*

*find some sort of suitable shadow in which to hide from the 110 heat index sun with was bearing down with medieval wrath*

*take as many photos as you can in this little enclave from the heat*

*get bored*

*look around for next shaded spot*

*see the tree, throwing a nice dark shadow*

*dart over to the shadow, barely missing the sprinkler again*

*look up and go, 'hey, I like that texture!'*

And that is my story for today. :)

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment