Friday, July 1, 2011

It's July!

The summer seems to be flying by. And while sometimes I can be bored out of my mind, I don't want for it to pass by quickly. Because once summer is over, fall begins.

And fall means college. It means a new school, with new classmates, new city, new room. It means community bathrooms. It means finding that tricky balance between being social and getting school work done.

And while I'm incredibly lucky to be going to college with a friend, it still is nerve-racking. Buttttt I shouldn't worry about it, it's in God's hands. It will be fun! I'll learn Physics. I'll take Photography. I'll get the opportunity to travel, to do volunteer work. Meet new people. Be in a new band.

Anyway! I wasn't planning on musing on the future, but oh well. What I wanted to show you was the wide-angle lens photos I had made.

After all, who needs a SLR camera with a wide-angle lens?? Not me!

((Who wants a SLR camera with a wide-angle lens?? ME!))

All my previous attempts at faking a wide-angle lens photo were about landscapes. Today, while I was out taking pictures, I was like hey, what if I did wide angle photo but with close up pictures that I'm used to taking? (hey, it totally made sense in my head) So, I took a series of photos:



And combined them using the magic of Photoshop.


The result is a wider pictures which encompasses more detail than a simple one shot. I like the depth of it, even if it is a product of Photoshop.

When I first graduated, I wasn't sure what to do with my graduation money. I really wanted Photoshop, but I also wanted a SLR camera. With a student discount Photoshop was 200. A SLR camera would be more like 600. So, I went with Photoshop, and have loved it tremendously. My little point and shoot is actually not that bad of a camera, compared with most point and shoots. I have full manual control-- something not all point and shoots have.

Anyway, back to faking wide angle photos. ;) I took another series, this time on one of my favorite flowers.




The final result:


For this one, I combined more pictures, though I think that I could have combined two and gotten the same end result. Regardless I like the effect that was achieved. Once again, the picture gains more depth.

I'm sure that the end results aren't as good as an actual wide-angle photo. However, seeing how I don't have the necessary equipment, this is as good as it's gonna get. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment