Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snow!

Or perhaps more accurately, snow flurries. :) Still, for someone who lives in Arkansas, snow flurries are sometimes the closest you'll get to snow. They are beautiful little creatures, like little puppies, eagerly nosing their way about. The wind blows them about, sending them scurrying left, right, and even up, a paradoxical ascent.

While these beautiful snowflakes are fun to watch, they are awful to try and photograph. However, I had to try ;)

To begin with, the snowflakes are on a different plane than the rest of the background-- they are closer to me. So, I did my best to focus on them, using manual focus and a bit of luck.


Surprisingly, I got better results once I gave up and went inside, looked out the window and grabbed my camera.


They were just so cute, rushing down before quizzically being thrown off their path by a brush of the wind.


It was completely unexpected-- the paper called for a cold, only partially cloudy day.


And while they were too small to actually accumulate on the ground, they were still fun to see.


After all, beggars can't be choosers!

No comments:

Post a Comment